Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas festivities and Kylie's birthday

Me with the kids and their new Christmas sweaters, before church. We match the tree decorations. Pete said I must have picked them because they were Utah's colors, maybe subconsciously.
Our annual tradition of baking gingerbread cookies for our goodie plates went a little differently this year. Pete was down and out with what turned out to be pneumonia so I had to take over the baking (Pete usually does most of it, I may pitch in with the frosting/decorating). They turned out pretty good for my first time I have to say, and Logan & Kylie loved helping me.


The kids in their new pjs on Christmas Eve, super excited for Santa to arrive. We had a traditional Christmas Eve will all of my mom's family, aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins' kids, and my grandpa (27 adults and 24 kids in all), at my parent's house. Good meal, gift game for adults, lots of laughs and fun for everyone.


The kids on Christmas morning, lying together on Trevor's new pillow, with Logan & Kylie holding their new stuffed animals. So cute how much they love each other! Pete missed out on most of Christmas morning being so sick and he slept most of the day, poor thing. The kids were anxious to open their presents, Trevor more so than Logan or Kylie, which I found funny. It was a nice relaxing day spent with family, we are very blessed!

We celebrated Kylie's 3rd birthday on December 26. I can't believe my baby is 3 already, wasn't it just yesterday she was born? She had wanted a Dora birthday party for nearly the whole year since her last birthday, so that is what we did. We had cake, ice cream, and presents with family at my parent's house. Kylie's big present this year was a new big girl bed that she loves. We love you Kylie, you are so cute & funny and brighten our lives every day!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh Jill, she is super cute! I hope she had a happy birthday. I'm also very impressed that Pete usually makes the holiday cookies. The thought of Mike baking cut out cookies almost makes me laugh! Go Pete!