Saturday, June 19, 2010

Memorial Day




Memorial Day weekend was definitely that this year. On Sunday, we went to the Bountiful cemetary and visited the graves of my Grandma Donna and Grandpa Charlie. Then on Monday my Grandma Fern passed away early that morning. It was peaceful to know that she was no longer suffering and was in a much better place. It was also comforting to know that I was able to see her the day before and tell her I love her, even though she wasn't able to respond. By the time I saw her she had not been opening her eyes or communicating for a few days. I was told that the week before she had asked for me. I felt very special that she asked for me when there were other grandchildren that had not yet visited. When I went in to see her and took her hand I said "It's Jill" and she made a noise, something she hadn't done in days. It also felt like she was trying to squeeze my hand. I don't know if she was trying to respond, but I believe she was. We held her funeral on Saturday June 5. It was a beautiful day and it was nice to be with family and remember Grandma.

No comments: