Tuesday, August 31, 2010

one crazy week

The week of August 8-14 was a crazy one that involved two trips into Bountiful and a lot of activities.
It started on Sunday the 8th, my grandpa's 92nd birthday.  We drove into Bountiful (in 2 vehicles as Pete had to turn around and return home that night then drive to Elko early Monday morning for a week of training for work) Sunday late afternoon, enjoyed Sunday dinner at Mom & Dad's, then went to Poppy's for his birthday celebration.  A lot of the family was there, we were only missing a handful of the grandkids and great-grandkids.  We had relay races for the kids, hence the headbands, visiting for the adults, and lots of food for everyone.  We have been so blessed to have Poppy with us this long and in such good health, he still helps my parents out on the farm! 
On Monday, I worked from my parents' house, then Ally and I took my kids and two of my nephews to Lagoon.  It was a bit more crowded than I anticipated for a Monday and significantly more so than the last time we went, but with season passes we just hit the rides we want with short enough lines and skip those with lines too long.

On Tuesday, I worked again from my parents' house until 5:30pm or so (my long day) then went and got a massage (much needed) then packed up and drove home to Wendover.

On Thursday, I took Trevor to register for 7th grade.  Yes, 7th grade, Jr. High.  How did he get old enough?  Seriously, where does the time go?  Later that night we packed up and the kids and I drove back into Bountiful.

On Friday, I worked a half day then made a trip to Walmart to buy a few school supplies and some new sandals for Logan since he had broken his, where I ran into an old friend and spent some time catching up.  We then met my two sisters-in-law and their boys at Lagoon-a-Beach.  After spending some time there, we decided to go hit a few rides.  It was hot and crowded, but the kids seemed to enjoy themselves anyway.  The lines weren't too long for the kiddy rides and a few others, but we did make the mistake of standing in line for way too long for the Log Flume (forget how slow it moves and isn't really worth the wait).  The kids really enjoy riding the rides with the cousins.  Before we left the park I let the kids play in the water fountain since they were still in their swim suits, they had a blast.  Kylie was hesitant at first but then realized it was fun to get soaked.




On Saturday, I went and got my haircut (much needed too) in the morning then ran some errands.  That night Trevor and I went with my sisters-in-law to New City Skyline's concert.  The lead singer, Paul, is my sister Ally's boyfriend.  I have loved their music for awhile now, but had yet to make it to a concert.  Wow, they are really good live and put on a great show!   Can't wait to go to another one.  Trevor seemed to enjoy his first concert experience, even if it was with his mom. They have a few songs/videos on Youtube, check them out. http://www.youtube.com/user/newcityskyline

On Sunday, we went to church with my parents, then packed up and headed back home.  It was a long and crazy busy week, but super fun!

No comments: