Friday, October 22, 2010

September adventures

Labor Day weekend - trip to Reno for the Rib Cook-off and to visit family of course.
As is tradition, we took the kids to feed the ducks and geese and play at the park at Virginia Lake.


I had a wonderful girls night out to see The Lion King broadway show with my mom, sister, and sisters-in-law.  Not my most favorite broadway musical I've seen, but very entertaining, it helps to know nearly all the songs and lines by heart thanks to watching the movie more times than I can count.


  
This is what I came home to after the General Women's Conference.  I gave Trevor a hard time for doing such a good job babysitting (not), though to be honest it could have just as easily happened when I was home.  Since this is the third time Kylie has cut her own hair, and this was by far the worst, I finally gathered up all scissors in the house and put them up very high.  I'm grateful that she didn't cut the front where most kids usually do, at least this was somewhat repairable.  For a week I pulled what hair she had left in back into a ponytail to cover up the really short part.  The following Saturday I took her to my hair stylist and she was able to fix it into a cute little a-line cut.  I don't know if this girl is ever going to have long hair!

No comments: