Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Logan's latest

Logan played his second year of Jr. Jazz and really enjoyed it.  He tried hard and really improved his skills.  Like Trevor was, Logan isn't very competitive when playing sports, but did enjoy playing defense.  His coach taught them how to stay in certain areas and pass the ball to each other, which helped everyone to be involved and have chances to shoot the ball.  Logan made a few baskets, most of which Pete missed seeing as the games started at the same time he got off work and Logan inevitably would score early in the game.  Pete did get to see one of them in the last game.  Kylie enjoyed cheering Logan and his team on.  And I enjoyed having a good camera and zoom lense to take pictures with (my new Nikon DSLR), since gyms are notorious for bad lighting and the bleachers are a bit away from the court.

Logan has also been busy with cub scouts since they started a Tiger den in the area this fall.  He has now moved on to the Wolf den, and lucky me (sarcasm), I'm his den leader.  This is my second time around as I was also Trevor's den leader for Wolves and Bears.  At least this time they have a manual that guides you with each den meeting so I don't have to come up with ideas on my own.  We have a full group of 8 boys, so I have my hands full.  Logan is of course the one who gives me the most grief during our meetings (now I have an idea how his teachers at school must feel...we've been having issues there lately as well). 
They had their Blue and Gold Banquet in February and had a cake auction fund raiser as part of it.  We made the following cake:
It was so easy, if the Boy Scouts have their annual spaghetti dinner and cake auction this year, we'll probably make the same one for Trevor to take.

2 comments:

Leta-Kaye said...

I love the shot of him with his arms spread out!

What a cute cake! How did you do that??

Jill H said...

Use a jelly roll pan/cookie sheet to bake the cake and then cut it out in the largest circle possible. Pete tried to get a reddish brown frosting color, hard to do with regular food coloring. The key is after frosting the sauce and grating white chocolate for cheese, is to put in under the broiler for a couple minutes to melt the cheese, it also turned what appeared to be too light colored frosting just perfect. The pepperoni and peppers are rolled out swedish fish then cut into circles or strips, olives are Crows (black licorice Dots) sliced and cored as best we could. The best is using a real pizza box to put it in.