Wednesday, November 12, 2008

lions, tigers & bears, oh my...

Ok, so there were no lions, and we couldn't see the tiger, but we did see bears and other creatures at the zoo yesterday. An odd place to go on a Tuesday afternoon in November, but I had been promising Logan all summer that we would go to the zoo and it just never happened. So when I had some time off from work that I needed to use, and the boys had a day off from school (Veteran's Day), I decided it would be a good time to go. It was a little cool, but with jackets we were fine, and luckily there was no rain. And it certainly wasn't crowded, we practically had the whole place to ourselves. Grandma, Aunt Darci, Aunt Kerianne, and cousins Jace, Brighton, Cael, & Bode (and a neighbor girl Aunt Darci was babysitting) all came with us - more kids = more fun. This was Kylie's first time and she absolutely loved it - she loves all animals and enjoys making animal noises all the time. Logan had a good time, but was a little disappointed he didn't see a lion. Trevor was anxious the whole time to get to the reptiles and scorpions (such a boy).
I just tried to keep up, taking pictures in less than ideal conditions (glass and fences don't make for good pictures). All 3 kids fell asleep on the drive back to Grandma's - proof that a good time was had by all.

As a side note, I remembered to post the picture of our house with the new stucco job. We are thrilled with how it turned out. Now if only we could get some landscaping done... maybe next spring.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Maybe this is the best time to go to the zoo. I usually try to avoid it because of the crowds. I think you're on to something.

Kim said...

Are you at Hogle Zoo? Wow-I guess we need to visit on our next trip to Ut. It looks amazing...how fun to see a picture of your mom. What a cute lady she is! Tell her "hello" for me (if she remembers me).