Monday, November 24, 2008

Out with the girls

I had quite the fun and busy weekend. It started with going with my sister and sisters-in-law to the midnight showing of "Twilight" Thursday night (technically Friday morning). We had a great time getting amped up with caffeine before hand. The movie was good, not great, but then movies made from books rarely hold up to the high expectations set by the book. It was definitely worth seeing though, and we had fun. Friday night we went to Chuck E. Cheese for my nephew's birthday - hadn't been there before, and now I know why - CRAZY! But the kids had a blast. Saturday my sister Ally & I helped my Mom watch my nephews (and my own kids) while everyone else (except my Dad who was working) went to the Utah/BYU game, while we tried to watch the game on TV. (I'll try not to rub it in how awesome it was, and how poorly BYU did since I know there are some BYU fans out there who read this. hee hee) Ally & I then abandoned my Mom with all 7 kids and went to the Coldplay concert. It was totally awesome! (whoa, just went back a decade or two) They are a great live band, great sound, cool lighting, two large screens so those of us in the nose-bleeds could actually see what was going on, etc. The only negative is that it took them forever to come out on stage - 1 hour and 45 minutes from when the concert started. But it was well worth the wait. I enjoyed just hanging out with my sis, just the two of us, it isn't something we do very often. I love being able to get out with the girls and do things without kids or husband sometimes - and appreciate those who allow me to do so!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Twilight movie, I can live without, but a Coldplay concert! No fair!

Kim said...

Fun for you! BTW, I'll be at my mom's from the 22nd-31st if you want to get together with Jill and Suzy and me!!