Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Very Merry Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year, and I think Pete was even more excited than the kids this year (which is unusual as he will tell you himself he is a bit of a Grinch), that is because he got the boys a pet snake! This took some major convincing to get me to agree - I'm still a little nervous around her and refuse to be present when they feed her (frozen mice) but she is very pretty and the boys (including Pete) think she is cool. Logan came up with her name - Genesis, there is a girl in his class with that name, but it is rather appropriate for a snake, lots of "s" sounds. Other than the snake, we all made out pretty well. My parents were very generous this year and bought each family a Wii - which we haven't stopped playing since - I'm hoping to get in shape with the Wii Fit. I now understand all the hype as it really is an entirely new way to play and it is more fun with multiple players which makes it great family fun.
We celebrated Kylie's 2nd birthday the day after Christmas. We always have our Bangerter Family Christmas party (my Dad's side of the family) on the day after Christmas, so this year and last we've just met back at my parent's house afterwards for cake & ice cream and presents. It is very low-key but Kylie seems to enjoy herself, I'm sure as she gets older we'll have to do something different, but for now this works well. I can't believe my baby is 2 already - but she has been acting like a two year old a lot more lately. Her favorite thing is to flood the bathroom by unrolling the entire roll of TP into the toilet and then trying to flush it, oh it is going to be a long year. It's a good thing she is so cute!

We wish everyone a happy, healthy, and prosperous new year! Oh, and Go Utes!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tina Smith said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. A snake isn't bad, my cousin got a cow and he lives in the city. Still not sure what he is going to do. Wii's are great. When you figure it out, we can connect over the internet and I will challenge you on Mario Cart!! If you don't have Mario Cart yet, get it with a wheel and we will race each other!! Have a great New Years!! Love Tina

Andrea & Larry Pillsbury said...

Wow Jill A snake. I don't think I could handle that. Anyways I found your blog from Darci's blog and was so excited. My blog is http://thepillsburyfamily.blogspot.com/
You should check out the pics from the Bangerter Party.
Love ya,
Andrea

Kim said...

Um, a snake? You must be going soft, cause the Jill I knew in high school would be FREAKING out! You are now an official Cool Mom, so congrats to you. Looks like Christmas was a wonderful one for your family!