Friday, January 30, 2009

No more eyesore!

Woo hoo - our massive eyesore of a chimney pipe is finally gone! It took a torch and a large boom crane (it's nice to have connections) to take it down. I'm sure our neighbors are rejoicing too. One of the previous owners of our house was a unique individual with some odd ideas. He installed a huge old boiler stove in the basement, tied it into the vent system, and put up an enormous chimney pipe for it. We're still trying to figure out how best to get rid of the boiler stove which will probably require torching it into pieces small and light enough that we can get them up the stairs. Now with the chimney down we can build our deck this summer (ok, not we, Pete can build it - he loves it when I try to share credit for his hard work). At least that is if I get my way but Pete probably has other projects in mind to do first, there are so many to choose from.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Wow, what a job! I'm glad I didn't have to do it!