Saturday, November 14, 2009

Reno, zoo, & family photos


We spent last weekend in Reno, for new cousin Rebekah's baby blessing. Since we didn't make it down to Reno in August this year like we usually do, it was nice to spend a few days there with family. The weather was gorgeous so we were able to make our traditional trip to Virginia Lake to feed the ducks & geese and let the kids play at the park. Pete's brother Russ, his wife Leta Kaye, and their kids Mitch & Verity (and baby Rebekah) joined us and the kids all had a great time. Grandpa Walt came too and helped keep an eye on all the kids and push a swing or two.


On Wednesday (Veteran's Day), since the boys didn't have school, I took the day off work and took Logan & Kylie to the zoo (Trevor went paint-balling for a friend's birthday party). We were joined by my sister-in-law Darci, her boys Jace & Cael, my nephews Brighton & Bode, and my youngest brother, Bryce. Again the weather was gorgeous - the "warm before the storm." The kids had a great time, and we all enjoyed seeing all the animals. Especially all the babies. Hogle Zoo had a banner year with a bunch of new arrivals - giraffe, 3 tigers, snow leopard, siamese crocodile, colobus monkey, howler monkey, twin golden lion tamarins, black-footed cat, 6 meerkats, 3 prairie dogs, and the most anticipated arrival - a baby elephant (my personal favorite).

On Thursday, my good friend took our family photos. We were worried about the weather, but it turned out ok, and we only needed about 15 minutes to get some decent shots (if only I could get my kids to not have a forced cheesy grin on their faces). Big thanks to Emily, I owe you!

No comments: