Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween 2009

I feel like we spent a week celebrating Halloween. We had a Halloween carnival and trunk or treat at the church as well as Trick or Treat Street at the school on Wednesday. Kylie wore her costume for about 15 minutes and then promptly removed it (it does get a little warm indoors).
Logan enjoyed the carnival games and winning prizes, and Trevor enjoyed hanging out with his friends.


On Friday we had a family party with cousins and 2nd cousins. Again, I could only keep Kylie in her costume for a short time. We had pizza and played some games, handed out candy, and lined the kids up for the obligatory pictures. It is quite a site with about 10 or so adults with cameras and video cameras trying to get all the kids to hold still, look at the cameras, smile, etc. One of these times I need to turn around and take a picture of that! I consider it a success if I have 1 shot with everyone at least somewhat looking in the direction of the camera, anything more than that is a bonus.


On Saturday, Kylie, Logan and 2 of my nieces helped my Mom carve her jack-o-lanterns. Kylie wasn't so sure about the gooey guts, and even Logan seemed reluctant to reach in. That evening my Mom and I took my 3 kids and 3 of my nephews trick-or-treating while my brothers and sister-in-law were at the Utah game (my other sister-in-law and her oldest boy were home sick, poor things). It was the first time in many years my Mom has been out trick-or-treating, she was a great sport and even dressed up too. I was the party-pooper and didn't dress up (unless you consider dressing as a Ute fan a costume). The kids did surprisingly very well. I pushed Kylie in a stroller after she hurt her foot right before we went out and refused to put her shoes on, but she forgot all about her pain when it came time to walk up to the doors to get candy (in her socks). Logan and Trevor and my 5 year old nephew kept running ahead. My Mom had her hands full with my two 2-1/2 year old nephews, but they were troopers and walked the entire time. It wasn't too cold and after an hour or so we were all ready to call it a night and went back to my parent's house to watch the Utah game.
Trevor as a ghoulish grim reaper.


Logan as Anakin Skywalker from Star Wars.

Kylie as a very cute Blue from "Blues Clues".

The kids ended up with way too much candy after all these festivities, I doubt they'll ever eat it all (I just hope that I don't). We hope everyone had a fun Halloween too!

No comments: